Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tonight, the magic happened.

Tonight was one of those nights, one of those nights where all I wanted to do was be done. I ran out of energy at work this afternoon and really the last thing I wanted to do was run 14km on the dreadmill... Oops I meant treadmill. 

I pushed and whined my way through the first 7 miles when I was about to quit. Ok truth be told I was ready to quit before I even started.  I picked up my phone and was about to text a friend and teammate asking how bad it would be to just it a night and quit there.  I stopped for a second and looked up.

It was then that it happened. What happened you ask? My gaze caught something on the other side of the room.  It was only for a moment but that was all it took.  What was it I saw that gave me what I needed to finish? It was my bib from my Ironman race last year. Seeing that bib, hanging in the place I had made for my medal reminded me that no matter how much discomfort I felt at that moment,  it couldn't come close to comparing what it felt like to not finish my race. Who knew a piece of paper could be so powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment