Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Round 2

So the dream team of doctors works fast, I already had my appointment today with the sports MD for the second round of injections.

We doubled up this time and did both knees at once this time now that I'm not a rookie and I know what to expect.  He did the left one first and it was a walk in the park.  Righty on the other hand was a little more stubborn and painful.  He had to work the needle around a bit to get it into just the right place, I'm still cringing as I type this.  I've had a few needles lately and let me tell you, these suckers are the big ones with a lot of fluid getting injected.  I took a few deep breaths and he worked it around and found the sweet spot he was looking for.

It is such a weird feeling, feeling the fluid being injected into my knee.  Afterwards he worked the durolane around just by bending my knees a bit and he mentioned how he can feel the fluid moving around.

The last time I had this done my right leg reacted and it stiffened right up, I was limping around and needed to make an unscheduled stop at the chiro's officer for some relief.  I'm happy to say, as of right now things are feeling pretty good considering.  I'll keep my fingers crossed it stays this way.

I'm back on the bench for the next few days, the Sports MD does a good job of scaring the crap out of me telling me about what can happen should I get an infection.   My other doctor already pared back training for this week in prep of the shots and for after as well to let everything settle into place.  So on that note, I have a couple days off and plan to use them making some new road food snacks and whatever else needs to be done around the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment