Friday, October 7, 2011

looking back

On my way home today I was going over my game plan for this evening and was thinking about squeezing in a run, just a little one.  My mind started to wander as it usually does and I starting thinking about my first night at the Running Room clinic.  It was16 weeks ago already, where has the time gone?  I was thinking about how terrible my first group run was, seriously it was bad, I'm not exaggerating...read it if you don't believe me.   Re-reading that post just now takes me back to the feelings of despair and fear I had then, those are certainly all gone now because I ran 20km on Sunday!  Back then I didn't think I was going to make it to this point and considered giving up but I didn't.  Instead, every week I laced up my shoes and strapped on my gear and headed out there and just ran.

My run on Wednesday was the fastest I had ever run, with my average speed at 7.1kph until tonight.   I ran my fastest 3km ever with my average speed at 7.3kph and my pace at 8:12 a min/km.   This was my third run since my long run on Monday and I feel like I have been elevated or that I catapulted to a new level with my running. 

I was looking at my plan earlier this week, Tuesday I think and realized I had been following the 2:00 to complete schedule instead of the actual "to complete" schedule. I couldn't believe it! It is about an hour and half difference between to two when it comes to finishing time...but now, I'm actually really glad that it was a harder plan all along.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is pretty fast! I love when I go faster than I think on a run.....

    xo
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! It was a nice surprise ;)

    ReplyDelete