Sunday, November 27, 2011

rainy day sunday

We started out the day with a 10km.  I looked out the window and saw the sky was gray with rain clouds over head.  The rain was already falling and looking at intellicast, it was not going to let up any time soon.  We laced up and headed out with a rain coats and music.  It had been a while since I had the pleasure of my husbands company during one of my training runs.

We headed out running south on our street following my usual path connecting at the bike path. We followed the path along until Headon Road where we ran north to catch the upper stretch of the path.  Along the way we ran at our own speed and just when we were out of each other site he would stop and wait for me to catch up.  One day I will keep up with him!  We continued down the path heading back toward home, but before we could turn down our street we had to get in a few laps around the track before calling it quits. 

This was the first "bad" weather day I have experienced and really the only annoying part about it was the feeling of wet feet and wet ear buds slipped.  It was 14 degrees when we had left the house and with the rain coats we had on we got quite warm, the cool rain was refreshing even if it was hitting us in the face. 

All in all we went 10.5km today.  I ran slower today, slower than I had run at the R2H but it was also my first outside long run in two weeks. 

After we got home I made breakfast and put some fresh coffee on.  With the run out of the way we curled up on the couch and watched "the way" .   When I watch movies like this I want to drop everything and just go do what they're doing, to go on a journey to see the world and have those life experiences that can teach you so much.  Today, I'm on a similar yet different journey. I'm on the long road to becoming a real athlete not just someone who exercises, but someone who trains for a reason.  What drives me on this path is the desire to see how hard I can push myself and see what I will accomplish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment