Saturday, February 25, 2012

track day!

We met at the indoor track this morning for the usual weekend torture session.  This is a tough workout geared to help make us run faster, I think it's working which helps get me there. We did the work out then played a fun game of leap frog.  I think it was about 10 or so people running single file and the last person has to run along and pass the group ending up at the start of the line.  It was challenging as the slow run for these guys is on the faster side for me still so it was like a second full workout just trying to keep up let alone having to pass.  I passed a couple times, the last time I got around I gave it all I had. It's amazing the encouragement and motivation that comes from running with a group.  Although I didn't keep up with them the whole time, I had a lot of fun pushing during the run.

The workout wrapped up and as I poured myself into the car to head back to Burlington I briefly considered not going for my swim.  That though didn't last long as I turned down the road to the gym.  I swam for about 30 minutes or so following a bit of my mid week swim workout. 

Tomorrow will be an easy 8km as its the tappering run before race day next Sunday!!! WOW where did the past two months go!? 

that's it for today folks...have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment