Monday, April 9, 2012

I haven't been posting

I haven't been posting a lot lately because I have been busy!   Busy training and busy registering for races!  I registered for the Mississauga half on May 6th and I signed up for my half iron - Muskoka 70.3 in September!!! Holy smokes it's real now folks, no turning back now I already paid.

I am working out 6 days a week now, I remember when getting that third or 4th workout in was a struggle.  Having a coach and group workouts make a huge difference in keeping me accountable, that and I know that if I want to race then I HAVE to train.  That's it, no other choice, I HAVE to do it.  Yesterday the group was going 16km but on my plan I had 15 so that's what I did. There were a couple people running 12 and for a few minutes I was making up reasons why I should only do 12, but that didn't last long as I reminded myself that going any less than 15 was out of the question.

Saturday we went for our first outdoor group ride and it was great! I was a little nervous about being on the road but I was with some great leaders who gave us a bit of a run down on the signals and things to keep in mind while on the road.   We ended up riding for about 35km in two hours and that was with two stops.  We had a few converstaions along they way and I realized how much fun it was to go for a group bike ride...when was the last time you did that?  I felt like a kid again just going for a ride with friends and I am totally looking forward to getting out there again!
This is from the morning of the Chill half
but you get an idea of how gorgeous the morning can be!
 (minus the frost on the cars :)

I was actually planning to ride outside tonight but the 37km wind gusts had my rethinking that idea. I ended up in the spinning room at the gym instead. Too bad I didn't realize before I headed of there, they didn't have the later spin class on the schedule due to the holiday hours.  It actually worked out ok though as I just ended up making up a program as I went. I did a little speed work, and climbed some hills and I did a few one leg drills.  I also just let my legs spin out a bit as I could feel how tight my muscles were from the weekened activiteis.

My morning started early with the alarm chirping at 5am for my Monday morning swim session.  I have seemed to get over the hump with waking up silly early on Mondays to get to the pool, I learned that for me, the first time is always the hardest after I do something once I realize how easy it is to do it again and again. I had a pretty good swim this morning and did about 1600m.  I actually really enjoy the swimming now and take it a little easy on Mondays.  The pool today was quite nice as there were only four of us swimming at one point.  I guess most people decided to get a little extra sleep today.

I noticed this morning that by the time I got home the morning was in full swing, just last week the day was just breaking when I was walking out of the gym.  


No comments:

Post a Comment