Sunday, April 1, 2012

weekend update

Saturday morning it was round and round on the stationary bike for 2 hours 10 minutes.  That was definitely the longest I have rode a bike, probably ever.It was awesome, it was a pretty tough ride but a great one.  We had rotating instructors during the ride, each with their own style.  Every week the class is totally different but the time goes by pretty fast.  I burned about 1300 calories on the ride and ate a banana, a cliff bar and a pack of sharkies chews. I also had two bottles of water and a G2 gatorade.  For breakfast I had oatmeal with strawberries and protein powder. 

After the ride we had a hot yoga session at a new studio in town, Chrysalis Yoga.  It was just what the doctor ordered after the ride.  It had been a while since I was last in the hot room but it was awesome.  I'm definitely feeling it today though, there are muscles in my back I never realized I had!

Today was run day, I had a 13k on the schedule.  The group went out this morning but I was draggy my ass and didn't make it out in time to meet up.  I planned my route after breakfast and got myself ready.  The rain was coming down lightly when I headed out but it didn't last long, that was before it was pouring but that's what I get for procrastinating.  I felt pretty good running today, I felt strong and the running felt easy for the most part. 

I headed over to rock and road cycle for a quick check-up for my bike.  The gears were clicking a bit so I had them take a look, they adjusted the chain a bit, oil it up and did a couple other small adjustments.  The guys there are great and the shop is really close to home (and they are open on Sundays ;) I picked up pump and a new bottle cage too.

After the weekend running around was done it was time to cook! It is so much easier during the week to just fill containers and go.   This week we have chicken, pork chops some sirloin and butternut squash and vegetable soup all ready to go!

Well, that's all I got and it's time for bed! 5am comes early.

good night!




No comments:

Post a Comment