Monday, September 16, 2013

Pity party of none, not one.

I was practically vibrating I wanted to run so badly on Friday, the only thing I "can't" do and that was the only thing I wanted to do.  I have been running for over two years now and being told "no running" felt like I had been given a punishment!  


The pity party of one didn't last too long as I reminded myself that my focus is strength training for weight loss, lose more weight while building more muscle will only make running better and me faster and stronger!  I just have to keep reminding myself of everything I still can do!

The only thing I need to remember is that I am in this for the long haul, not just a few weeks or even months but this is what I love do to and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.  So with that in mind the bumps I have along the road now will only make be strong for years to come.

On that note I had a great 60 km bike ride on Saturday morning.  It felt great, I haven't gone for a ride like that in about a month so it was a lot of fun to get back on the road for a longer distance.  Sunday I did AB Ripper X from the P90X program then a bunch doctor approved of hip & leg exercises.  Let me tell you, I am FEELING it today!

On the workout front, that's pretty much it for now. The focus remains on strength training, swimming and biking and what ever else I am allowed to do, probably anything as long as it's little to no impact on the knees, they have been through enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment